Happy Mahashivratri!

12:09:00

I love festivals! Indian festivals cannot be rivaled in my opinion. I especially love festivals where I have an excuse to cook something different. Today was Mahashivratri, which is basically a festival celebrating Lord Shiva's marriage with Shakti. Well, I could go on, but I guess if you're curious you could read more about it here.

indian wear, how to wear a patiala, purle, grey, indian accents, mumbai streetstyle, indian fashion blogger, look for less

how to wear beaded clothes, indo-western fusion, how to wear indian accessories, mumbai streetstyle, everyday fashion tips

indian outfit ideas, how to wear indian clothes, mumbai fashion, simple indian outfits for work

how to wear jhumhkas, mumbai streetstyle, everyday fashion india, purple, patiala , different ways to wear a patiala dress

maang-tikkas, patiala set, how to wear a patiala, beaded clothes, indian outfits

maangtikka, maang-tikkas, how to wear indian headpieces, how to wear a maang-tikka, indian fashion, mumbai streetstyle

silver, oxidised jewellery, long jhumkhas, how to wear indian earrings

beaded top, silver jhumkhas, indian earrings, how to wear jhumkhas to work, long earrings

indian fashion blogger, jhumkhas, silver jewellery, simple fusion outfits, indian headpieces, silver bangles

indowestern, how to wear a mang-tikka, patiala, beaded clothing, oxidised jewellery

beaded silver bag, indian style purses, jhola, beaded purse

beaded bag, silve bag, indian bags
Beaded Top: Rs. 150, Borivali
Patiala Set: Rs. 700, Big Bazaar
Earrings: Rs. 350, Malad
Bangles, Headpiece: Gift from aunt
Bag: Gift from another aunt
Ballet Flats: Rs. 150, Borivali

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1350, which is about ₤13.

On to the outfit, I had to cook an elaborate lunch and so I needed something comfortable and light. I opted for a fusion outfit with a patiala set paired with a short beaded top. I actually wear this top with jeans on most days, but today it just seemed to jell. I added the earrings and the tikka (headpiece) when I went to the temple. Pretty and practical at the same time! Especially when you know you're going to stuff your face with festive delicacies. Yes, its a 'fast' but I tend to eat a lot more on these days.

Do you like celebrating festivals? How do you go about celebrating special 'foodie' festivals? Tell me in the comments below! You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook.

You Might Also Like

0 comments