Work to Play Outfit

08:12:00

Every girl needs an outfit that can take her to from a regular work day to dinner with friends. The other day, I showed you how you can wear a simple slip dress to work with an oversized blazer (Granted, I did wear it to a dinner). Well, this got me thinking, swap the oversized for a structured blazer and you could actually wear it in a more formal setting. I decided to take things out of the office though (eventhough I usually leave the 'party' dressing to others who actually enjoy partying) and see if I could style it for a post-work drinks and food setting. Here's what I came up with...

slip dress, silk dress, party outfits, valentine's day outfit, dinner outfit

printed silk dress, day to night outfit, statement dress, statement necklace

how to style shift dress, midi dress, how to wear midis to a party, indian fashion blogger, fashion blog,what to buy on fashion street, how to buy good clothes on streets, silk dresses, next silk dress, streeting shopping,

statement necklace, slip dress, what to wear to a party, work to party transition outfit

silk dress, fashion blogger, thrifty shopping, what to buy on fashion street, street shopping, outfits for less, party outfits for less money

statement necklace, spiked necklace, black weave necklace, spikes necklace, how to wear spikes, street style

Slip Dress: Rs. 600, Fashion Street (Gift from friends) Also worn here
Necklace: Rs. 350, Linking Road, Bandra Also worn here
Ring: Gift from Blogger Friend
Earrings: Rs. 100, Raghuleela
Handmade Purse: Rs. 200, stall in Mahabaleshwar

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1250, which is about ₤12.

Excuse the funky hair, I took these after a long day at Uni. I love how gorgeous this dress looks and I think these dresses are the reason why I started the blog. You see, its finding pieces like this one that make me love street shopping. I fell that no matter how many malls crop up in the city, I'll never get over the charm of street shopping.

What do you wear on days when you know you're gonna have to run from work to party? Tell me in the comments below. You can also catch me on Twitter and Facebook!

PS: Have you told me what you want me to find on the streets for you yet? No? Go say what you want on Thrifty Thursday right now!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments