Sequins and Pockets

10:06:00

I'm not a sequins wearing girl. Give me something with lots of sequins on it and I'll probably bypass it completely. However, give me things with pockets and I will probably be extra nice the whole day. So when I stumbled across these cargo pants while cleaning my closet, I decided to do something different from my usual dressing style. Pairing a shiny top with boyish cargo pants might sound slightly crazy, but I think it works in this case.


cargo pants, how to wear sequins, oversized sequins top


oversized top, how to wear oversized with oversized, how to wear baggy trousers, street style

how to wear cargo pants, cargo trousers, long hair, indian streetstyle

mumbai streetstyle, sequins, how to wear sequins, what to buy on fashion street

street shopping, look for less, what on buy on fashion street, indian fashion blogger

statment necklace, handmade necklace, indian jewelry
Sequined Top: Rs. 600, Fashion Street (also worn here)
Cargo Pants: Gift form Dad
Handmade Necklace: Gift from a friend
Ballet Flats: Rs. 750, Borivali

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1350, which is about ₤13.

I like the fact that there's a start contrast between the 'party' like top and the no nonsense trousers. I remember my dad getting these for me from one of his trips and I was extremely excited about them. Although these were way to big for me at the time, I still wore them with a big belt looped through to ensure that these didn't fall! Lol! While they don't fall off anymore, I still think about those times from way back when. Usually, I never go for oversized with oversized, but in this case, it definitely works! The simple handmade necklace just ties the whole outfit together for me.

Are you a fan of sequins? Tell me in the comments below. You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook.

PS: Have you figured out what you want me to find on the city streets for you? T-shirts, necklaces, shoes, food? Write to me to see your request featured on the Thrifty Thursday section! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments