Shopping In Dad's Closet

09:51:00

Remember how I have a tendency to flick things from my Mom. Well, I've only gone and extended this to dad's clothes too! On a recent closet cleaning session, dad found a couple of his old blazers and asked me to put them in storage. How could I miss the chance to play dressup??

I've been seeing a lot of bloggers wearing boyfriend coats and while I don't have a boyfriend or even the need for coats in Mumbai weather, isn't it even more fun to wear vintage clothes!?! I wore this to a dinner (much to the amusement of my folks) and while I got a few odd stares, I loved how cozy it felt! No freezing in the air-conditioned restaurant for me!
oversized blazer, boyfriend blazer, slip dress

how to wear slip dresses to work, day-to-night outfits, work to play outfits

vintage boyfriend blazer, oversized blazer, how to wear bofriend coats, black blazer

silk slip dress, how to wear boyfriend blazers to work

indian fashion blogger, mumbai fashion blogger, thrifty fashion blogger, street style, slip dress

how to wear slip dresses, lingerie style dress, boyfriend blazer, vintage men's blazer, vintage dressing

how to wear boyfriend blazers, fashion street bargains, silk dress, day to night outfits, black blazer, how to wear blazers to work

mumbai street style, oversized blazers, boyfriend blazer, outfit ideas for work, vintage blazer

indian fashion blogger, boyfriend coat, winter dressing, what to wear in winter in mumbai, street style
Slip Dress: Rs. 600, Fashion Street
Oversized Coat: Vintage, Dad's
Ballet Flats: Rs. 750, Moksh Plaza, Borivali
Earrings: Rs. 50, Borivali

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1400, which is about ₤13.50

I wore a slip dress in silk. I feel that this look can be taken to work and then up-styled for a party at night! The oversized blazer makes you stand out and gives you all the protection from stray winds. This is something I could wear to work and is perfect for those days when you just need to hide the dodgy bits without much work. Gotta love the versatility of slip dresses right?!

Keep visiting for a night-time transition of the same outfit! In the meantime, you can talk to me on Facebook and Twitter

You Might Also Like

3 comments