Tata Tartan Times

06:34:00

Today is possibly the first day of Summer. The beginnings of a hot and sweaty summer always mark a sad goodbye to winter trends. One of these, and of course my all time favorite is the tartan trend that has caught everyone's fancy. However, my city's weather makes it quite impossible to wear anything 'warm' as soon as we hit March. Well, unless you wanna turn into a human pot roast its time to say say tata to tartan. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to try and sneak it in every once in a while (I can't seem to live without it) but its definitely going to be a little less, unless I find a summer tartan shirt. (Come on Colaba, make me a lucky girl!!)
tartan shirt, denim patched shirt, red skirt, dipped hem skirt

cross body bag, red skirt, denim and tartan shirt, plaid shirt, mumbai streetstyle

denim shirt, tartan shirt, plaid checkered shirt, red skirt, dipped hem skirt, street shopping, look for less

tartan shirt, red skirt, street shopping, colaba causeway shopping, what to buy at colaba causeway, streetstyle mumbai

weekend casual, winter to summer transitions, denim patchwork shirt

denim patch shirt, how to wear tartan in india, how to style a plaid shirt, red dipped hem skirt, skirts in mumbai, how to wear skirts, streetstyle
Tartan Shirt: Rs. 400, Colaba Causeway (also worn here)
Skirt: Rs. 400, Borivali (also styled here)
Bag: Rs. 300, Linking Road, Bandra
Glasses, Watch: Gift from the family
Flats: Rs. 200, D-Mart

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1300, which is about ₤13.


I love red on red. Its just such a pretty color that it makes me feel pretty and powerful, even if I'm just bumming around the house. I've lived in this shirt the past few days, and I'm going to miss it once the mercury hits its high notes. Its simply too warm to be worn in summer. The skirt has been around for quite a while and the rest of my look is typical of a weekend in my world.

Are you getting ready for Summer? What new pieces are you adding to your wardrobe to make it summer friendly? Tell me in the comments!

Join the Quirky conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments